OKIE OIL MAN & FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEW HORIZONS BUTTON

BAGHDAD TIME
Latest topics
» CHATROOM, NEW HORIZONS, IS OPEN!!!
Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 1:52 pm by handy andy

» WELCOME BACK OKIE!
Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 6:11 pm by karent56

» AS OF 18 APRIL 2018 ... CHATROOM HAS REOPENED AFTER ADDONCHAT ISSUES!!!
Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 pm by DanJ

» ALL NATIVE'S CK THIS OUT
Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:16 pm by pheasanthunter

» 10 Tips to Overcome Negative Thoughts: Positive Thinking Made Easy!
Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 11:47 am by ..journey

» Chatroom login
Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 1:35 am by Kinibop

» To Your Health ... Miracle Ginger Tea
Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 6:56 pm by Kinibop

» STILL CANT GET INTO CHAT
Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 8:10 pm by NorthernColoradoDinarian

» Cant get into chat Im a member
Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 1:29 am by Kinibop

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen)

Go down

Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen) Empty Vitamin C Water Recipe for skin (increases collagen)

Post  LuvDinar Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:31 pm

First I'll list a BASIC formula. After you have this "down" you can add to it I love you 

Ingredients
½ tsp Vitamin C Powder (I used this one: Nutribiotic - Ascorbic Acid Crystalline Powder 100% Pure Vitamin C 2500 mg. by Nutribiotic - I get it on amazon) Where ever you get it, it HAS to be Ascorbic Acid, not the L-Ascorbic Acid. The L version is used as a skin lightener.
8 tablespoons distilled water
a dark colored container to store (Vitamin C oxidizes easily) I used this one: Amber Glass Bottle 4oz with Dropper. You can get these on Amazon, or at a health food store and some pharmacies. DO NOT store in plastic - the bottle has to be tinted brown or blue to preserve the Vitamin C)

Instructions
Dissolve the Vitamin C powder in the water. I just stir. it takes a few minutes.
If only using water and Vitamin C, you are done. This will store for up to 2 weeks or longer in the fridge.

This formula will deliver a 5% potency of vitamin C
If you increase the Vit C to 1 tsp, it will deliver 10%
1.5 tsp Vit C = 15%
2 tsp Vit C = 20%
I don't recommend going over 20%. It may over time actually be too strong and cause irritation and inflamed skin.

***Additions and/or substitutions

In place of the distilled water, I really like to use Rose Water. I like the smell and rose water has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as healing blemishes, and it a wonderful tonic and astringent. If I use rose water, I prefer to use a bottle with a sprayer application, because it is just lovely.

I prefer two types of rose water: (I buy everything on Amazon. I pay the $70 per year and get free shipping for 2nd day on the majority of the items I buy)

1). Organic Bulgarian Rose Water- 250ml (USDA organic) $15.95 for 8 ounces. This will make several bottles of your vitamin C tonic

2). Shea Terra Moraccan Rose Facial Water 4oz. $14.99. This one you "could" transfer the water from this bottle and use this bottle for your solution, because it is already brown tinted Smile

With either the rose water or the distilled water, you can brew green tea into them. You won't damage the rose water properties, because the process of making rose water is distillation and requires heat anyway.

The green tea can be any brand.
The fun thing about brewing this into a tea, is that you can also add any other tea known for healing the skin such as:
Chamomile Tea: known for it's moisturizing and calming properties for the skin. It also speeds healing, so it's great for any breakouts or skin inflammation. It's also a natural antioxidant. Be aware that chamomile DOES LIGHTEN SKIN.

Cucumber: you can actually ADD SLICED cucumbers to your bottle when you are finished! You will be keeping your potion in the frig anyway and cucumber naturally reduces puffiness

Aloe Vera: I use about a 1" slice from a leaf and I blend it with a little water in my vitamixer until it's completely turned into liquid. If you use Aloe, you will have to use a dropper bottle top, because it will clog your atomizer.

There are also vitamins that are synergistic that you can add with your Vitamin C!
the only thing to need to make sure that the vitamins you mix are hydrophilic and not hydrophobic (basically, that they mix with WATER and not OIL)

My personal favorite is Astaxanthin. It is Hydrophilic and it is probably the strongest antioxidant known to man to date + it doesn't have a negative bell-curve, in that, many antioxidants will BE antioxidants TO A CERTAIN LEVEL, then then turn into oxidants in your body. Not so with Astaxanthin. The source of this new nutrient is from Salmon! This is the principle reason that you want to eat WILD Salmon, because when Salmon swim vigorously or fight for survival, their bodies produce and release into their system Astaxanthin! So when you buy Salmon, you want the brightest, reddest filet you can find, because it is richest in Astaxanthin!

My Morning Routine:
1). RINSE face ONLY with barely warm water (to preserve natural oils that have come to the surface overnight)
2). Spray Vitamin C water onto face and allow to dry naturally.
3). At this stage I apply my Hyarulonic Acid (recipe tomorrow)
4). Apply skin cream or oils to "lock in" the hydration from the Vitamin C & Hyarulonic Acid.
If I skin the Hyaluronic, I don't allow the vitamin C to COMPLETELY dry, or I'll add another spritz and apply my lotion while it's still wet to lock in the moisture.
5). Apply any eye creams at this time and then make up as usual

HAPPY SPRITZING! It takes 4 - 6 weeks for collagen to increase. Don't expect immediate results. Give it a few weeks and you will look Marvelous Darling!! I love you 

LuvDinar

Back to top Go down