OKIE OIL MAN & FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEW HORIZONS BUTTON

BAGHDAD TIME
Latest topics
» CHATROOM, NEW HORIZONS, IS OPEN!!!
PRAYER FOR THIS DAY I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 1:52 pm by handy andy

» WELCOME BACK OKIE!
PRAYER FOR THIS DAY I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 6:11 pm by karent56

» AS OF 18 APRIL 2018 ... CHATROOM HAS REOPENED AFTER ADDONCHAT ISSUES!!!
PRAYER FOR THIS DAY I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 pm by DanJ

» ALL NATIVE'S CK THIS OUT
PRAYER FOR THIS DAY I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:16 pm by pheasanthunter

» 10 Tips to Overcome Negative Thoughts: Positive Thinking Made Easy!
PRAYER FOR THIS DAY I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 11:47 am by ..journey

» Chatroom login
PRAYER FOR THIS DAY I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 1:35 am by Kinibop

» To Your Health ... Miracle Ginger Tea
PRAYER FOR THIS DAY I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 6:56 pm by Kinibop

» STILL CANT GET INTO CHAT
PRAYER FOR THIS DAY I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 8:10 pm by NorthernColoradoDinarian

» Cant get into chat Im a member
PRAYER FOR THIS DAY I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 1:29 am by Kinibop

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

PRAYER FOR THIS DAY

2 posters

Go down

PRAYER FOR THIS DAY Empty PRAYER FOR THIS DAY

Post  MISPLACEDBUCKEYE Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:51 am

Great Spirit, Almighty Healer and Creator of all things, it is with humbled hearts that we unite together to offer up many thanks. We thank you for swimmers that inhabit the waters from the mountains to the deep seas below. We thank you for the four-leggeds, the bear, the deer and the wolves that live in the forests. We thank you for the buffalo and horse that roam the plains. We thank you for the fliers that soar in the skies above us. We thank their spirits for all they give us to survive. We thank you for all relations that interact with us each day. We thank you for the crawlers that work around in the soil. We thank you for all that we have taken for granted from the tallest tree to the single grain of sand. We thank you for the sacredness of the ground we walk upon for it holds the blood of our ancestors.

For those that are in hospitals that are in great need, we ask for your miraculous healing hands to be placed upon them. We ask for comfort for the families and friends that have lost loved ones. For those that have crossed over into the Spirit World, we ask for strength and guidance be granted to them. We ask for hardened hearts to soften and closed eyes to open as we work toward bringing balance to an unbalanced world. We ask for guidance, strength and protection for our brothers and sisters that stand against those that continue to destroy what you have created. We ask for an end to the hatred, greed, racism and lust for power that has found their way into a world of misunderstanding and selfishness. We ask for veils of secrecy to be lifted so we begin to understand all that has been controlling us. We ask for a time of peace where all people are truly equal, where no one person holds more power than the next. We ask for an end to the violence and abuse perpetrated against the women and children throughout the four corners. We ask for freedom for those that have been taken from their homes unjustly. We ask for unity throughout Mother Earth so we may begin the long, arduous task of bringing back her beauty, freshness of the skies and pureness of the waters. We ask for protection for all of the defenseless that face grave dangers throughout your creation. We ask for an end to the government control of your children throughout the many nations. We ask for greater compassion and generosity for those that are poor or are homeless this day.

We thank you for our elders that bring us the wisdom and necessary lessons that will help us along our path. We thank you for our children that will build upon the foundation this generation will leave them. We thank you for the trials we endure that will help to strengthen our spirits. We thank you for your forgiveness when we stray from our path. We thank you for the sacredness of all things you have created, from the vast expanse of the Universe to the very core of our Earth Mother. We thank you for the many blessings and gifts you have bestowed upon your children.
MISPLACEDBUCKEYE
MISPLACEDBUCKEYE

Back to top Go down

PRAYER FOR THIS DAY Empty Re: PRAYER FOR THIS DAY

Post  tupshur78 Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:04 pm

Why isn't "GOD" mentioned in this prayer?

tupshur78

Back to top Go down

PRAYER FOR THIS DAY Empty PRAYER FOR THIS DAY

Post  MISPLACEDBUCKEYE Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:14 pm

QUESTION Why isn't "GOD" mentioned in this prayer?
ANSWER......Great Spirit, Almighty Healer and Creator of all things FOUND IN THE BEGINNING OF PRAYER

TO MOST NATIVE AMERICANS HE IS ONE AND THE SAME .....wakantanka (GOD)

The Sioux religion is complex and recognises many different spirit-beings on many levels.

The term wakantanka refers to the embodiment of all supernatural beings and powers, so it is closest to the idea of the Christian God. The Sioux also considered The Sun, Sky, Earth and Rock as the highest-level powers; below these ranked Moon, Thunder-being, Wind and Falling Star.

Other supernatural powers include wazi (Old Man), wakanka (Old Woman), canoti (forest spirits), hohgica (spirits of the tipi), iktomi (spider), unkcegila (spirits of the land), unktehi (water spirits) and many more. Ite (face) is the most beautiful of supernatural women and considered to be married to tate (the Wind).
MISPLACEDBUCKEYE
MISPLACEDBUCKEYE

Back to top Go down

PRAYER FOR THIS DAY Empty Re: PRAYER FOR THIS DAY

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down