OKIE OIL MAN & FRIENDS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
NEW HORIZONS BUTTON

BAGHDAD TIME
Latest topics
» CHATROOM, NEW HORIZONS, IS OPEN!!!
FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2020 1:52 pm by handy andy

» WELCOME BACK OKIE!
FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 6:11 pm by karent56

» AS OF 18 APRIL 2018 ... CHATROOM HAS REOPENED AFTER ADDONCHAT ISSUES!!!
FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 pm by DanJ

» ALL NATIVE'S CK THIS OUT
FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:16 pm by pheasanthunter

» 10 Tips to Overcome Negative Thoughts: Positive Thinking Made Easy!
FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 11:47 am by ..journey

» Chatroom login
FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 1:35 am by Kinibop

» To Your Health ... Miracle Ginger Tea
FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 6:56 pm by Kinibop

» STILL CANT GET INTO CHAT
FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 8:10 pm by NorthernColoradoDinarian

» Cant get into chat Im a member
FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 1:29 am by Kinibop

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT?

Go down

FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT? Empty FORBES:WHAT IS WEALTH MANAGEMENT?

Post  ..journey Sun May 18, 2014 6:23 pm

What Is Wealth Management?

5/16/2014

The term “wealth [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]” is thrown around plenty, in the boardrooms of private client firms, in trade and mainstream articles and by financial advisors in front of clients. Still, most professionals are hard pressed to actually define the term with any degree of precision.
Wealth management is very straightforward. From the affluent individual’s perspective, wealth management is simply the science of solving/enhancing his or her financial situation. From the financial advisor’s perspective, wealth management is the ability of an advisor or advisory team to deliver a full range of financial services and products to an affluent client in a consultative way.
Theoretically, a wealth manager can provide every single financial product in existence.  In reality most wealth managers specialize in services and products they feel most comfortable with.
A further defining quality of wealth management is that it is delivered in a consultative manner. By being consultative, wealth managers are truly client-centered. A good wealth manager meets a client without any presupposition about what financial products or services are appropriate for that affluent individual.
While it is common for a wealthy individual to be sitting with a wealth manager to address a particular need (investment management, say), the consultative wealth manager’s overriding objective is to understand the person and find out what’s important and why. Then the wealth manager is able to bring in the appropriate experts and provide the appropriate financial products.
In sum:
Wealth management is the consultative process of meeting the needs and wants of affluent clients by providing the appropriate financial products and services.
Wealth management entails coordinating a team of experts to address the needs and wants of affluent clients.
There’s considerable research showing the income advantages of financial advisors who are wealth managers to those that are principally investment oriented. In general, a financial advisor transitioning to a wealth manager will see profits increase by 35 percent or more within a year. Hence, if a financial advisor’s annual income was $250,000 before becoming a wealth manager, his or her annual income will be $337,500 within a year.

That said, not all financial advisors are good candidates for becoming successful wealth managers. Many financial advisors are doing quite well running money, for instance, and are not inclined by temperament or preference to transition to becoming wealth managers. At the same time, it’s very important to realize that wealth management is not for all affluent individuals. It’s usually appropriate for the wealthy with diverse needs and wants.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

..journey

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum